As we all know, styles come and go in fashion, cars and home décor. As Heidi Klum would say, “One day you’re in and the next, you’re out.” So it’s no surprise when a particular look cycles back into popularity. The country look has made a comeback but now the style is called rustic elegance. You don’t have to live in a log cabin or a barn to enjoy this trend.
Here are a few elements you can incorporate into your kitchen design to achieve the rustic elegance look:
- Reclaimed wooden floors and wood beams
- Distressed cabinetry and open shelving
- Wrought iron hardware and fixtures
- Tumbled stone and slate backsplashes and floors
- Retro look appliances such as an AGA stove or a line from JennAir in oiled bronze
Designer Jodi Swartz suggested the JennAir line and says, “In addition, black has come back as an appliance color“ and can work well in several kitchen décor schemes. She notes that knotty Cherry, alders and pine are also good cabinetry choices for the rustic kitchen.
Another favorite of ours is black, leathered granite because it has an upscale, countrified appearance but can also work with many kitchen styles. We like it so much we installed it in our showroom. What do you think of the rustic elegance look?