A family of three in Westwood, Massachusetts wanted a year-round entertainment haven that served as a connection from their main home to the pool area. The family also wanted this new space to make it feel like they were relaxing outside. As a result, we created the ultimate outdoor and indoor living experience by designing a 600 sq. ft. sunroom addition that naturally integrates with the architecture, aesthetic, and flow of the client’s home.
Feinmann incorporated many great features in this sunroom. We first added a restaurant-quality indoor grill and range, ideal for a true grill master, that makes it easy to cook and entertain for large parties. Second, we used smart technology like electric venting skylights and solar window shades that can be automated and controlled by your voice. The electric venting skylights bring fresh air on demand, and the solar window shades protect the client from UV rays while optimizing their views. And third, we added concrete flooring that is eco-friendly and worry-free from spills, pets, and weather. Central to both efficiency and comfort, we also guided the client to select the Mitsubishi P-Series ceiling-mounted, mini-split heating and cooling system that automates the room temperate and is whisper quiet.
Overview of Features:
- Blue Star Nova Series Range top Griddle and Char Broiler.
- Best Exhaust Monarch Outdoor Hood 60″ 1160 CFM, brushed corrosion-resistant stainless steel, controls smoke and cooking odors.
- Mitsubishi P-Series ceiling-mounted, recess ductless, split heating/cooling system.
- Two – 2 panel Nana Wall 8′ tall doors.
- One Harbrook series 3000-fold-up serving window.
- Two custom Harvey Building Products vinyl trapezoid windows.
- Four pairs of Pella Impervia double sliding doors.
- Velux hardwired ventilating skylights with solar-powered blinds that recharge with voice control, automatic control, and smart home automation.
- LED wafer lights.
- Clear LED tape light set into aluminum extrusions with white diffusers (perimeter skylights).
- LED color changing tape light hidden behind the doors’ casing (perimeter of doors).
- Exterior foundation – concrete with slab on grade addition.
- The interior floor and exterior perimeter walkway are concrete with a freehand brushed finish.
Learn how Feinmann created the ultimate outdoor and indoor living experience by designing a 600 sq. ft. sunroom addition that naturally integrates with the architecture, ascetic, and flow of the home.
- 2021 Chrysalis Award – Outdoor Living > $75,000
The entire team at Feinmann are quality professionals and the results really speak for themselves. We have completed multiple projects with Feinmann and every one has been outstanding. We enjoy working with them because they really care about getting the project done right. They work to make sure that the project is completed not only correctly but that all the things the customer requested are finished to their satisfaction. They are the best!