Feinmann transformed this once trapped in the 80s fourth-floor condo into a bold contemporary design with an open floorplan and panoramic views of the Charles River. The brand-new kitchen dramatically differs from where it started. The space now boasts river views from anywhere on the first floor. It also features a generous open floor plan infused with style and function. Formerly closed off, we removed the kitchen wall to expand the space and open the sightlines to the family room, dining room, and hallway. The revamped kitchen is now ready for entertaining.
The contemporary design continues into the living room, where we renovated the fireplace and surrounded it with natural colors to match the aesthetic of the updated condo. In addition, we removed the half wall overlooking the family room on the second floor and added a wire cable system to open the space and let in light and views of the Charles River.
Finishing this space, we removed the old, tired staircases leading from the first to the second floor. We also opened it up by introducing a wire cable system to deliver a more contemporary feel and capture light from the skylight above.
Kitchen & Family Features
- A 33 sq ft angle island that delivers both form and function with expanded design room at one end to accommodate seating for four.
- Kitchen cabinets by Greenfield finished in a bold, saturated color called Champion Cobalt by Benjamin Moore, creating a feeling that excites and inspires and provides ample storage.
- Counters and a backsplash finished in polished Divine Aurea Stone, with a crisp white background and gray veining bringing a sense of elegance and sophistication.
- A fireplace surrounded in Zebrino Grigio Italian marble, featuring horizontal striping of brown, grey, blue, cream, tan, and beige.
- Satin brass sink fixtures and cabinet handles create a timeless touch of elegance and interest that blends with the contemporary cabinets.
- 2022 PRO New England Award – Gold Entire House Condo