There is a Native American proverb: “We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.” With that in mind, we want to share some of the ways that Feinmann has been committed to environmental concerns over the years and ways in which you can help the environment, too.
“We have been using half-pound and two pound foam insulation for ten years, which is now the standard within the industry,” says Peter Feinmann, company founder and President. “Town inspectors have always been impressed with Feinmann’s on-going commitment to using resources wisely.” We use windows and doors that are highly rated for energy conservation whenever possible. In a recent project in Lexington, to minimize the effects of the hot summer sun, our architect designed and we built a brise soleil. The slats still allow natural light but lessen direct heat on the large windows overlooking the client’s backyard. Here are other ways which you can protect and preserve our greatest natural resource – our planet:
- Water conservation with low-flow toilets and shower heads
- Energy Star rated appliances
- Turn off lights when leaving a room
- Buy local produce
- Use your own bags at the grocery store
- Adjust your thermostat or use a “smart” thermostat
- Walk, ride a bike, use public transportation or share rides
- Use “green” products and support “green” causes whenever possible
Happy Earth Day 2014!